Monday 3 July 2017

Family day in Ottawa with new cousins

My family on my mother's side is on the larger side, and unfortunately that means there has been some loss of contact between some of us. What a joy it was, then, to meet up two cousins, Genevieve and Shayne, children of my (late) uncle Winfred. I've only gotten a chance to get to know Genevieve in the past couple of years, but despite her living on the other side of North America social media lets us all keep in touch. As for Shayne, we first ever connected through Facebook, and today was my chance to meet him for the first time, believe it or not. 

It's funny, you know -- we could all just be strangers to each other, but the power of family just opens doors to conversation and sharing life. It was awesome to see them both, and I look forward to connecting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment